  • Rowena Davis's picture

    Author: Rowena Davis

    Date: 06 Jan, 2017

    Thank you, Leslie! I think the P9 draft is shaping into an accurate reflection of the priorities that the group has been discussing.
    I have shared a few words with Lynn and Steve about how to organize ourselves internally, and have been pondering your comment about getting "horizontal" with MoL activities (you can see my acronym preference is MoL, too).
    To that end, I have created a VERY raw draft of a survey try to see exactly who and the type and scope of projects we're dealing with. Input is appreciated from anyone who wants to give it. Please feel free to edit and add terms to lessen the freeform text answers on this first attempt at herding cats.
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/18OkqzHcpU3QZBt0elsJMdWhqHSVoYN6fXdO7Q86...
    Great talking to you in SF!
    Best,
    Rowena
    Sent: Friday, January 6, 2017 4:54 AM
    To: ***@***.***-groups.org; Lindsay Powers; Peter Pulsifer; Steve Diggs; ***@***.***; Ari Asme; Wenbo Chu; Berkman, Paul A; Andrew Treloar; Stefanie Kethers; ***@***.***; Helen Glaves; ***@***.***
    Subject: [landscape-mapping] Proposal for MoL IG meeting at Barcelona
    Dear all
    I am just back from the Christmas New Year break and realise that proposal for a session at Plenary 8 in Barcelona needs to be in by the 10 - i.e. In 4 days time.
    I have heavily edited the initial proposal mainly because it was a copy of the P8 BoF proposal and I felt we had moved on a bit, particularly after the meeting at AGU in December.
    I am trying to keep it to a page, but wow - you all had so many suggestions it got pretty hard to know what to put in, and whether the generalisations cover specific issues that people raised.
    Can you have a look at it? Please feel free to hack and trash it as you please and if you think there are more important topics please put them in. Remember it should not be more than a page...
    We also need to decide if we are MLT or MoL - I like MoL as it rolls of the tongue....
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u3idk8xaRYkO0Tb1ldjaJrjfejKYuRCBRUeX...
    I will do more work on the IG case statement, but as a priority I think we need to get this P9 doco done first. (the case statement is on https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_BaeQCs2GFc0WIdwlRcKgxrhK8yzb7yqnetD... )
    Maybe what we could do is have a near complete draft that we present at Barcelona
    Finally: Lindsay, Peter, Steve, Justin, Ari, Wenbo, Paul, Andrew, Stefanie, Marshall, Helen, Danie - you have not as yet signed up as members of the RDA group. If you want to continue to get emails, can you please sign up to the MoL group on https://www.rd-alliance.org/groups/mapping-landscape - otherwise I am manually adding you as you have been on MoL emails, and I am not sure whether you want to continue to be part of this group...
    Over to you
    Take care
    Lesley

  • Lindsay Powers's picture

    Author: Lindsay Powers

    Date: 06 Jan, 2017

    Hi Lesley and all,
    Sorry I wasn’t able to join the discussion at AGU though the notes look as though the conversation was a good progression from the BoF. I’m afraid I’m not able to attend the 9th Plenary but definitely want to stay involved in the IG. I think the charter looks fine for an IG.
    Thanks,
    Lindsay
    Lindsay Powers
    Program Coordinator, NGGDPP, Technical Director, CRC and NICL
    US Geological Survey
    Denver, CO
    Office: 303.202.4828
    Cell: 720.292.8595