  • Max Craglia's picture

    Author: Max Craglia

    Date: 27 Apr, 2016

    Thanks Peter,
    will have a look with interest.
    Max

  • Jamie Shiers's picture

    Author: Jamie Shiers

    Date: 28 Apr, 2016

    Dear all,
    Stimulated by these various discussions I have written a short very informal note (aka brain dump) that is attached.
    This lists 3 main points (as per Leif’s mail) although I confess to running out of steam, time and page limit (1 double side of A4) on the 3rd (and possibly most important) point.
    However, as the note says, I am sure others will weigh in on this point.
    Cheers, Jamie
    On 27 Apr 2016, at 18:14, Peter Wittenburg <***@***.***> wrote:
    Dear SyA members,
    Fran from RDA US allowed us to distribute this brainstorming note about the future of RDA. Please take it as what it is: first ideas on how RDA could move from the viewpoint of our US colleagues.
    I think it is a great resource to stimulate our discussions in Europe as well.
    best
    peter

    AttachmentSize
    File RDA_Sustainability_____Thoughts.docx121.5 KB

  • Francine Berman's picture

    Author: Francine Berman

    Date: 28 Apr, 2016

    All,
    Thanks for including us in this email trail and I apologize for not being able to be part of the discussion next week. Just a slight clarification on Peter’s email. The RDA/US brainstorming paper is focused on sustainability for RDA/US, not RDA. RDA sustainability is the focus of the Council subcommittee on this topic. Given the current situation in which much of RDA support comes from funding which must stay “in region”, developing (and coordinating) sustainability models for each of the RDA regions (and with RDA) is important as we evolve to greater funding for RDA international. The best of success with your efforts and we look forward to working with you closely.
    Fran
    Dr. Francine Berman
    Chair, Research Data Alliance / US
    Edward P. Hamilton Distinguished Professor of Computer Science
    Director, Center for a Digital Society
    Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
    http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~bermaf/