Re: [rda-edu-ig] Draft Agenda - IG on Education and Training...

Joy,
Yes, this is interesting. I think your presentation will interesting to
the list.
I think this is correct approach to use e-Science or scientific research
lifecycle to position different roles, competencies and skills. There is
a number of publications on the definition on scientific data lifecycle.
This is also our approach in developing Data Science curriculum.
This should be a mission of our IG to match, map and harmonise different
visions and develop a common vision.
Now as we will have a second meeting of established IG we can list
already a number of issues that can lead to IG workplan items.
Taxonomy of different lifecycle models definitions may be one of them.
If we continue discussion on the list we can form a more balanced agenda
to discuss issues from both major domains Data librarians and data
scientists.
Laura,
Will you be interested to make a presentation about ESDA and/or Project
CRediT?
I hope on active discussion at the next IF-ETRD meeting. If we have many
topics for discussion we can reduce presentation time and focus on
workplan discussions.
Regards,
Yuri

  • Joy Davidson's picture

    Author: Joy Davidson

    Date: 02 Feb, 2015

    Thanks Yuri - that all sounds great.
    Just to clarify the DCC isn't involved in the ESDA. I'll ask a colleague at the OU to see if he can put me in touch with the ESDA team and let them know about the existence of the Interest Group in case they want to join.
    With regards to an overview of CRediT, it is quite straightforward so perhaps the session might involve instead a practical exercise for the IG to break out into smaller groups and attempt to start a mapping of the skills required for each element for the different roles?
    All the best,