Your opinion on 4 functionalities for RDA new website - feedback by Monday 23rd please

Groups audience:

Dear Web Focus Group members,
As part of the Website Roadmap that we presented to you - you can find
attached the last version - there are four different functionalities
that we propose to implement but which require additional effort
compared to the resources available via the RDA Europe project. A
contract amendment is currently under discussion within RDA Europe
Executive Board, the decision making body within RDA Europe, where a
budget reallocation is also under discussion. In the framework of this
amendment and in order to implement these functionalities we are
submitting to the Executive Board a proposal for a budget transfer to
cover of the above mentioned costs.
At this purpose we need your feedback on the relevance and level of
priority of the following:
* Improved internal website search and mining functionalities via
integration with Apache Solr Search Server - /I take the liberty to
consider this//important from your perspective and of high priority,
given the discussi//ons in the last days/
* Single-sign-on (e.g. with Openid Connect) - /the idea is to make RDA
website a central domain through which authentication is performed,
to allow session's sharing with other domains/
* An online catalogue of all RDA-related materials and publications
with filters
* A Dynamic RDA Recommendation & Outputs Catalogue [you can see an
example here https://atmosphere.copernicus.eu/catalogue#/]
Further details and specifications about these functionalities can be
addressed later on during the production phase._What we now need is for
you to prioritize these features, in the event that the amendment only
covers part of the resources requested, and therefore some
functionalities may not be implemented.
_I kindly ask you to provide me your feedback*by Monday 23rd July* close
of business, in order to be able to include them in the above mentioned
amendment proposal.
I hope I was clear enough, please do not hesitate to contact me should
this not.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon
Sara
--
Sara Pittonet Gaiarin
Digital Communications Strategist & Project Manager

  • Andrew Treloar's picture

    Author: Andrew Treloar

    Date: 23 Jul, 2018

    Sara,
    thanks. My ranking is this:
    1. Improved internal website search and mining functionalities via
    integration with Apache Solr Search Server - *I take the liberty to
    consider this**important from your perspective and of high priority, given
    the discussi**ons in the last days*
    4. Single-sign-on (e.g. with Openid Connect) - *the idea is to make RDA
    website a central domain through which authentication is performed, to
    allow session's sharing with other domains*
    2. An online catalogue of all RDA-related materials and publications with
    filters
    3. A Dynamic RDA Recommendation & Outputs Catalogue [you can see an example
    here https://atmosphere.copernicus.eu/catalogue#/]
    On Fri, 20 Jul 2018 at 17:14, sarapittonet <***@***.***-itservices.com>

  • Hilary Hanahoe's picture

    Author: Hilary Hanahoe

    Date: 23 Jul, 2018

    Dear Sara,
    Thank you for the clarification and information. My "prioritisation" is:
    1. Improved internal website search and mining functionalities via
    integration with Apache Solr Search Server - I take the liberty to consider
    this important from your perspective and of high priority, given the
    discussions in the last days
    2. A Dynamic RDA Recommendation & Outputs Catalogue [you can see an example
    here https://atmosphere.copernicus.eu/catalogue#/]
    3. Single-sign-on (e.g. with Openid Connect) - the idea is to make RDA
    website a central domain through which authentication is performed, to
    allow session's sharing with other domains
    4. An online catalogue of all RDA-related materials and publications with
    filters
    Thanks
    Hilary
    _____________________________________
    Hilary Hanahoe
    Secretary General Research Data Alliance
    Tel: +39-345-4719284
    ***@***.***
    skype: lunastella72
    Twitter: @hilaryhanahoe
    www.rd-alliance.org
    _____________________________________
    The information contained in this message and any attachments are
    intended solely for the attention
    and use of the named addressee and may be confidential. If you are not
    the intended recipient,
    you are reminded that the information remains the property of the sender.
    You must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail.
    If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender
    immediately
    and irrevocably delete or destroy this message and any copies.
    On 20 July 2018 at 09:14, sarapittonet <***@***.***-itservices.com>
    wrote:

submit a comment