    Author: Jane Greenberg

    Date: 20 Sep, 2017

    Slides for this afternoons session.
    jane
    From: "Peretsman-Clement, Gail" <***@***.***>
    Date: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 2:14 PM
    To: 'RDA/CODATA Legal Interoperability IG' <***@***.***-groups.org>
    Cc: Simon CODATA <***@***.***>, Paul Uhlir
    <***@***.***>, Steve Diggs <***@***.***>, jbminster <***@***.***>, "Greenberg,Jane" <***@***.***>, Melissa Haendel <***@***.***>, Heather Morrison <***@***.***>, "***@***.***" <***@***.***>
    Subject: Breakout session tomorrow is in Room Mansfield 9
    Dear Legal Interop Colleagues,
    Tomorrow Wednesday Sept 20, our Interest Group is holding two back to back sessions to discuss the four case studies on data licensing beyond CC.
    · The first session takes place 1:30-3:00 pm in Room International 2.
    · The second (smaller break out) session takes place 3:30 – 5 pm in Room Mansfield 9 (street level, one floor below the RDA registration desk)
    The handout for both sessions is attached for your reference
    Hope to see you tomorrow!
    Best wishes, Gail

    AttachmentSize
    PDF icon RDA-legalInterop2017.pdf9.15 MB

  • Melissa Haendel's picture

    Author: Melissa Haendel

    Date: 23 Sep, 2017

    Dear all,
    I just wanted to say thank you again for all your help with my legal issues:-). It was really great to meet you all in person and I’m looking forward to our next chapter together.
    Just a few things from me (wasn’t sure where to put them):
    Letter to NIH from community regarding data licensing: https://figshare.com/articles/Request_for_Community_partnership_in_data_...
    Slides presented at RDA: https://www.slideshare.net/mhaendel/reusable-data-for-biomedicine-a-data...
    Website with data source evals released, first version: http://reusabledata.org/
    Feel free to add requests for data sources to be evaluated or make comments on the github: https://github.com/reusabledata/reusabledata/issues
    Cheers,
    Melissa
    On Sep 19, 2017, at 11:26 AM, Repositorian <***@***.***> wrote:
    Dear Legal Interop Colleagues,
    Tomorrow Wednesday Sept 20, our Interest Group is holding two back to back sessions to discuss the four case studies on data licensing beyond CC.
    • The first session takes place 1:30-3:00 pm in Room International 2.
    • The second (smaller break out) session takes place 3:30 – 5 pm in Room Mansfield 9 (street level, one floor below the RDA registration desk)
    The handout for both sessions is attached for your reference
    Hope to see you tomorrow!
    Best wishes, Gail

    Attached files:
    Montreal_handout_rev2.pdf
    --
    Full post: https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/rdacodata-legal-interoperability-ig/po...
    Melissa Haendel, PhD

  • Melissa Haendel's picture

    Author: Melissa Haendel

    Date: 23 Sep, 2017

    Thanks Gail! you were a fantastic organizer and facilitator and this is the best RDA experience I have had :-).
    The reusable data site has some reading materials too:
    http://reusabledata.org/reading.html
    On Sep 23, 2017, at 9:25 AM, Peretsman-Clement, Gail <***@***.***> wrote:
    Thank you too Melissa, and everyone else at Montreal, who made our Legal Interop session so worthwhile! Fran Berman from RDA Council mentioned it was an excellent program!
    I'm compiling a Legal Interop reference shelf/ webliography of sorts where we can put all these super helpful resources out there for others to consult. Still figuring out the best options for most stability and access: will get back on this soon!
    Best wishes, Gail
    Sent from a tablet while on the go.
    On Sep 23, 2017, at 8:17 AM, mhaendel <***@***.***> wrote:
[...]

  • Jean Bernard Minster's picture

    Author: Jean Bernard Minster

    Date: 24 Sep, 2017

    Mine too! Bernard

  • Robert Chen's picture

    Author: Robert Chen

    Date: 24 Sep, 2017

    Glad to hear this went so well, and apologies again for not being able to attend myself. Looking forward to seeing slides, notes, etc. Special thanks to Gail for coordinating all of this! Cheers, Bob (from Pasadena)
    Sent from my iPad
    *****
    Dr. Robert S. Chen
    Director, CIESIN, The Earth Institute
    Lamont campus, Columbia University
    61 Route 9W, Palisades, NY 10964 USA
    tel. +1 845-365-8952; fax +1 845-365-8922
    e-mail: ***@***.***

  • Donat Agosti's picture

    Author: Donat Agosti

    Date: 24 Sep, 2017

    I second Bob. And thanks for Gail for making this effort. Hope to see you all in Berlin!
    Cheers
    Donat
    Glad to hear this went so well, and apologies again for not being able to attend myself. Looking forward to seeing slides, notes, etc. Special thanks to Gail for coordinating all of this! Cheers, Bob (from Pasadena)
    Sent from my iPad
    *****
    Dr. Robert S. Chen
    Director, CIESIN, The Earth Institute
    Lamont campus, Columbia University
    61 Route 9W, Palisades, NY 10964 USA
    tel. +1 845-365-8952; fax +1 845-365-8922
    e-mail: ***@***.***
    On Sep 24, 2017, at 3:59 AM, jbminster <***@***.***> wrote:
    Mine too! Bernard
    On Sep 23, 2017, at 13:30, Heather Morrison <***@***.***> wrote:
    I would just like to add my thanks and congratulations to Gail and everyone for one of the best conversations I have had the opportunity to participate in.
    Slides coming soon....
    Heather Morrison
[...]

    Jean-Bernard Minster e-mail: ***@***.***
    Distinguished Professor of Geophysics Phone/Cell: (858) 945-0693
    Scripps Institution of Oceanography
    University of California San Diego, IGPP (0225)
    La Jolla, CA 92093-0225
    FEDEX Address:
    IGPP Rm 2210
    Scripps Institution of Oceanography
    8765 Biological Grade, EAMS Code 6317
    La Jolla, CA 92037
    --
    Full post: https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/rdacodata-legal-interoperability-ig/po...

  • Jane Greenberg's picture

    Author: Jane Greenberg

    Date: 24 Sep, 2017

    chiming in too.
    thanks Gail for organizing, and providing for a discussion format as well.
    first 3 case studies were excellent, and thanks for the opportunity to share our data hub work.
    great questions and insightful discussion followed in the breakout session.
    best wishes,
    Jane