Re: AW: [rda-bigdata-ig] Re: [rda-bigdata-ig] RDA Big Data IG TelCon

    You are here

Groups audience:

Hello everyone,
below you will find brief notes of our last telcon:
New Member
==========
Line Pouchard:
* Purdue University
* Big Data Librarian
* Wants to get insight into
- Overview of Big Data research progress
- Big Data lectures/teaching
Rebranding
==========
* Kuo and Peter vote pro rebranding, approved by chairmen majority
* Call for topics about Big Data [TODO: Markus]
* Send an e-mail to the technical advisory board (TAB) [TODO: Peter]
Fifth Plenary
Not attending:
* Morris
* Kuo
* Peter
Sessions:
* Groups progress presentation
* Scalable machine learning (HPDBSCAN/SVM classification) [Markus]
* Big Data management session from [Line]
* Invite joint sessions members
Use case templates
==================
* RM-ODP for the birds eye view
* Use case template for particular analytics cases
* Need to convert existing use cases [TODO: Use case owners]
Cheers,
Markus

  • Kwo-Sen Kuo's picture

    Author: Kwo-Sen Kuo

    Date: 20 Jan, 2015

    Hmmm, we should be ashamed! All three chairs did not attend the telecon...
    -Kuo
    ___
    Kwo-Sen *Kuo*, PhD
    Bayesics, LLC
    Bowie, MD 20720
    301-343-4569
    202-492-3408
    *Also affiliated with*
    NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
    Mesoscale Atmospheric Processes Laboratory
    Greenbelt, MD 20771
    *and*
    Earth System Science Interdisciplinary Center
    University of Maryland
    College Park, MD 20740-3823

submit a comment