MOOC "Introduction to a Web of Linked Data"

Groups audience:

Dear all,
this message to inform you of this online course on "Introduction to a
Web of Linked Data". I already attended a MOOC taught by the same
persons. They are good!
The MOOC "Introduction to a Web of Linked Data
" *will be
available on 21 November 2016 on the France Université Numérique (FUN)
platform.* It will be taught by Fabien GANDON, Catherine FARON-ZUCKER
and Olivier Corby (Wimmics team, Inria, I3S, CNRS, UNS).
Among its many evolutions, the Web became a way to exchange data between
applications. Everyday we consume and produce these data through a
growing variety of applications running on a growing variety of devices.
This major evolution of the Web has applications in all domains of activity.
This MOOC, produced by Inria Learning Lab introduces the Linked Data
standards and principles that provide the foundation of the Semantic
Web. It is divided in 4 parts/weeks:
• the fundamental principles of linked data on the Web
• the RDF recommendation that provides a standard data model and
syntaxes to publish and link data on the Web
• an overview of the SPARQL query language that allows us to access data
sources on the Web
• the standards supporting the exchange and integration of RDF data with
other formats and data sources (R2RML, CSVW, JSON-LD, RDFa, GRDDL, LDP).
Each week alternates short videos and quizzes, as well as supplementary
resources, to gradually progress through the different principles and
standards.
Participants need to be acquainted with basic Web notions (e.g. browser)
and be able to install software on their machine.
The course will start on 21 November. Registrations are already open.
*Feel free to register and share this information widely. The course is
free and open to everybody:*
https://www.fun-mooc.fr/courses/inria/41013/session01/about
---
**
*• Course start date: 21 November 2016*
**
*• End of course and registration: 11 December 2016*
**
*• Estimated effort: about 3 hours a week*
Kind regards,
--
Sophie Aubin
INRA - Centre de Versailles-Grignon

  • R. Andres Ferreyra's picture

    Author: R. Andres Ferreyra

    Date: 13 Oct, 2016

    Thank you Sophie, this MOOC looks like a fantastic resource!
    Andres
    Sent from my iPhone
    On Oct 13, 2016, at 1:30 PM, Sophie Aubin <***@***.***> wrote:
    Dear all,
    this message to inform you of this online course on "Introduction to a Web of Linked Data". I already attended a MOOC taught by the same persons. They are good!
    The MOOC "Introduction to a Web of Linked Data" will be available on 21 November 2016 on the France Universit? Num?rique (FUN) platform. It will be taught by Fabien GANDON, Catherine FARON-ZUCKER and Olivier Corby (Wimmics team, Inria, I3S, CNRS, UNS).
[...]
    P?le DV-IST
    Route de St Cyr
    78026 VERSAILLES-CEDEX
    FRANCE
    E-mail: ***@***.***
    T?l: (33) (0)1 30 83 34 20
    Fax: (33) (0)1 30 83 34 40
    P Think Green - don't print this email unless you really need to
    --
    Full post: https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/agricultural-data-ig-igad/post/mooc-in...

  • Christina BEZANTE's picture

    Author: Christina BEZANTE

    Date: 13 Oct, 2016

    Thank you all,
    merci beaucoup pour l'information. Je me suis déjà inscrite.
    Christina Bezanté