Agenda for P7 Meeting

Hi everyone,
Proposals for meetings at the 7th Plenary [1] are currently being accepted, and we would like to propose a working meeting for the Repository Platforms IG. The goals of this meeting would be to review the draft matrix [2] and related use cases [3] and discuss the possibility of forming a new working group to evaluate existing repository platforms based on the functional requirements outlined in the matrix. Here is a draft agenda for the meeting:
Introductions (10 minutes)
Review of draft matrix and current use cases (40 minutes)
Can we improve the format?
Are the functional requirements accurate based on the use cases?
Are there gaps?
Discussion of potential WG to evaluate repository platforms (30 minutes)
Based on the matrix, can we start to review existing platforms?
What would the outputs be?
What would the scope be?
Summary and next steps (10 minutes)
Please let me know if you have any feedback on the objectives or agenda. Submissions are due by December 18.
Regards,
David
[1] https://rd-alliance.org/plenary-meetings/rda-seventh-plenary-meeting.html
[2] http://tinyurl.com/hhfofjq
[3] https://rd-alliance.org/use-cases.html-3
--
David Wilcox
Fedora Product Manager

  • Ralph Müller-Pfefferkorn's picture

    Author: Ralph Müller-Pf...

    Date: 11 Dec, 2015

    Hi David,
    I would like to add some practical steps.
    dwilcox schrieb am 10.12.2015 um 19:38:
    > * Introductions (10 minutes)
    > * Review of draft matrix and current use cases (40 minutes)
    > o Can we improve the format?
    > o Are the functional requirements accurate based on the use cases?
    > o Are there gaps?
    o Using the matrix to gather further requirements from other use cases:
    Collect possible new use cases and their contacts (e.g. from the RDA use
    Hi David,
    I would like to add some practical steps.
    dwilcox schrieb am 10.12.2015 um 19:38:
    > * Introductions (10 minutes)
    > * Review of draft matrix and current use cases (40 minutes)
    > o Can we improve the format?
    > o Are the functional requirements accurate based on the use cases?
    > o Are there gaps?
    o Using the matrix to gather further requirements from other use cases:
    Collect possible new use cases and their contacts (e.g. from the RDA use
    case collection) as well as IG group members to make the contact
    > * Discussion of potential WG to evaluate repository platforms (30 minutes)
    > o Based on the matrix, can we start to review existing platforms?
    > o What would the outputs be?
    > o What would the scope be?
    If we decide to setup a WG:
    o Discuss the content of the WG Case Statement
    o Find chairs for the WG
    (o Collect first set of platforms to evaluate)
    Regards,
    Ralph

  • David Wilcox's picture

    Author: David Wilcox

    Date: 18 Dec, 2015

    Thanks for the feedback - I have amended and submitted the session proposal, and I will report back to the group when I hear anything from the plenary organizers.
    Regards,
    David
    --
    David Wilcox