RDA Working Group Collaboration Meeting, June 11-12

Invitation:
RDA Working Group Collaboration Meeting Karlsruhe

June 11 – 12, 2015

Dear RDA Group Chairs,

We would like to invite you to the 3rd Working Group Collaboration Meeting. This is a continuation of a working meeting series that was started in Garching in February 2014 and in Gaithersburg in November 2014.

The objective is to have focused discussion among participants:  something which has proved elusive at the packed RDA Plenary meetings, and to generate discussion on how coordination amongst WGs can achieve
more coherence and can improve overall RDA outputs.

The foci of the June meeting will be on
  • interaction between the Data Fabric and Data Publishing coordination groups and their related WGs and IGs
  • facilitate adoption questions from amongst IG attendees
  • build connections between the technically oriented data provisioning and data consumer groups, and social/policy oriented data provisioning and data consumer groups
This format will allow for a detailed update from the next wave of working group outputs:  those of RDA/WDS Data Publishing coordination group.  Additionally, each participant will be invited to update on the current status of the represented group(s) in relation to the above topics.

Please notify the local organizers (danah.tonne@kit.edu, rainer.stotzka@kit.edu, saskia.baier@kit.edu, rainer.stotzka@kit.edu) before May 1:
a) if you plan to attend
b) the RDA group(s) you will represent

We will update the agenda at https://www.rd-alliance.org/groups/3nd-working-group-collaboration-meeti... accordingly and will add a list of participants.

Please find additional information below.

We are looking forward to meeting you in Karlsruhe
Rainer, Larry & Peter

Note that RDA/US has limited funding to support U.S. participant travel to these meetings. Contact Larry Lannom (llannom@cnri.reston.va.us) to request support.

Meeting location:

Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Kaiserstraße 12
76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
Campus Süd,
Präsidiumsgebäude 11.30

A block of guest rooms are available at a rate of ~70 EUR until May 15, code: “KIT”.

Hotel Eden
Bahnhofstraße 15,
76137 Karlsruhe
+49 721 18180

Alternative:

Hotel Elite
76137 Karlsruhe
+49 721 828090

KIT   >>>>>>   Dr. Rainer Stotzka   <<<<<<<<<<   KIT

Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Institute for Data Processing and Electronics
Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1
76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen
Germany
fon:   +49 721 608 2 4738
fax:   +49 721 608 2 3560

  • Helen Glaves's picture

    Author: Helen Glaves

    Date: 27 Mar, 2015

    Dear Rainer
    Thank you for the invitation. I plan to attend representing the Marine Data Harmonisation and Active Data Management Plans interest groups.
    Regards
    Helen
    Sent: 27 March 2015 10:27
    To: 3rd Working Group Collaboration Meeting
    Subject: [3rd-wg-collaboration-meeting] RDA Working Group Collaboration Meeting, June 11-12
    Please notify the local organizers (***@***.***, ***@***.***, ***@***.***, ***@***.***) before May 1:
    Note that RDA/US has limited funding to support U.S. participant travel to these meetings. Contact Larry Lannom (***@***.***) to request support.
    Meeting location:
    Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
    Kaiserstraße 12
    76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
    Campus Süd,
    Präsidiumsgebäude 11.30
    A block of guest rooms are available at a rate of ~70 EUR until May 15, code: “KIT”.
    Hotel Eden
    Bahnhofstraße 15,
    76137 Karlsruhe
    +49 721 18180
    ***@***.***-ka.de
    Alternative:
    Hotel Elite
    76137 Karlsruhe
    +49 721 828090
    ***@***.***-ka.de
    email: ***@***.***
    http://ipelsdf1.lsdf.kit.edu
    --
    Full post: https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/3rd-working-group-collaboration-meetin...

  • Andrew Treloar's picture

    Author: Andrew Treloar

    Date: 29 Mar, 2015

    Thanks - I will attend both this and the TAB F2F the previous two days.

  • Esther DZALE YEUMO's picture

    Author: Esther DZALE YEUMO

    Date: 11 May, 2015

    Hi,
    sorry for the late answer. Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it
    this time.
    Best,
    Esther

  • Stefano Nativi's picture

    Author: Stefano Nativi

    Date: 11 May, 2015

    Dear Sir/Madam,
    Unfortunately, I have a conflicting meeting.
    Best,
    Stefano Nativi
    -------------------------------
    Dr. Stefano Nativi
    Head of the Division of Florence of the Institute of Atmospheric Pollution Research of the National Research Council of Italy (CNR-IIA)
    Via Madonna del Piano, 10 (50019) Sesto Fiorentino (FI) ITALY
    Tel +39 055-522-6590
    Cell +39 340 6428427
    Email ***@***.*** ***@***.***
    Visiting Professor at the Steven Institute of Technology
    Castle Point on Hudson, Hoboken NJ 07030-5991 USA
[...]

    Esther DZALE YEUMO KABORE
    Chef de projet / Project manager
    ***@***.***
    Direction déléguée à l’IST / Scientific Information department
    Tèl. : +33 1 (0)1 30 83 34 44
    Fax : +33 1 (0)1 30 83 34 40
    RD10
    78 026 Versailles cedex
    France
    www.inra.fr

  • Max Craglia's picture

    Author: Max Craglia

    Date: 11 May, 2015

    Dear Rainer,
    apologies for the delay. I will not be able to come sue to overlapping meetings.
    Best regards,
    Max
    Massimo Craglia
    European Commission
    DG Joint Research Centre
    Digital Earth and Reference Data Unit
    T.P.262, JRC, Via Fermi,
    21027 Ispra (VA), Italy
    Tel: +390332786269
    Fax: +390332786325
    International Journal of Spatial Data Infrastructures Research
    http://ijsdir.jrc.ec.europa.eu

submit a comment