Two actions after the FAIR4ML IG Monthly meeting

Hi all,
(apologies for resending, apparently there was an error) Many thanks for
the interesting and productive discussion earlier today.
As promised, here are the two key actions:
1. In order to identify the *best solution for our regular timeslot* moving
forward (while still sticking to the 4th Monday of the month), we put
together a very short poll with two options (one for alternating slots for
08:00 and 20:00 UTC, and one with two repeated calls per month for the same
slots). In order to update our collective agendas as soon as possible, we
would really appreciate f*illing in the poll by end of this week*,
i.e. *Friday,
January 26th EoD*. The link to the poll is here:
https://gmuqw34nuel.typeform.com/to/ldY7pGHG
2. I’ve put together a gdoc for the *RDA P22 plenary proposal *here:
Fhttps://
docs.google.com/document/d/1Vaa4rpC-8mLirEo1u9o_qfY3xteCPqo9hmO3buLtBZk/edit
(RDA's 22nd Plenary - Call for Sessions Open:
https://www.rd-alliance.org/rdas-22nd-plenary-call-sessions-open). The
deadline is *Feb 13th* and therefore we’ll be working asynchronously on
this, together with Leyla, Daniel and Florina (you should have already
received this email twice :) ). Of course, everyone is more than welcome to
contribute!
Warm regards,
Fotis
--
Fotis E. Psomopoulos
Senior Researcher
INAB - Institute of Applied Biosciences
CERTH - Center for Research and Technology Hellas
Thermi 57001, Greece
Phone: +30 2310 498 478
Fax : +30 2310 498 270
Email: ***@***.***
Site : https://biodataanalysisgroup.github.io/
ORCID: 0000-0002-0222-4273
*While I may be sending this email outside my normal office hours, I have
no expectation to receive a reply outside yours.*
*Η επικοινωνία αυτή είναι εμπιστευτική και ενδεχομένως να προστατεύεται από
νομικά πλαίσια. Εάν λάβατε αυτό το e-mail, ενώ δεν προορίζεται για εσάς,
σας ενημερώνουμε ότι απαγορεύεται οποιαδήποτε διανομή, αντιγραφή ή χρήση
της επικοινωνίας ή/ και των πληροφοριών που περιέχονται σε αυτό. Σας
παρακαλούμε να ενημερώσετε κατάλληλα τον αποστολέα και να σβήσετε ή να
καταστρέψετε τυχόν αντίγραφά της. Οι επικοινωνίες μέσω του Διαδικτύου δεν
είναι ασφαλείς και για τον λόγο αυτό το ΙΝ.Ε.Β./ΕΚΕΤΑ δεν αποδέχεται
νομική ευθύνη για τα περιεχόμενα του παρόντος μηνύματος και για οποιαδήποτε
ζημιά προκληθεί από ιούς που είναι δυνατόν να εισαγάγει.This communication
is confidential and It may also be protected by legal rules. If you are
not an intended recipient please note that any form of distribution,
copying or use of this communication or the information in it, is
prohibited. Please inform the sender appropriately and delete or destroy
any copies of it from your system. Internet communications are not secure
and therefore INAB/CERTH does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message and for any damage whatsoever that is caused by
viruses being passed.*

  • Fotis Psomopoulos's picture

    Author: Fotis Psomopoulos

    Date: 23 Jan, 2024

    Hi all,
    Regarding the 1st item below (i.e. the poll), unfortunately it appears that there was a limit to the number of responses it could accept. As such, I’ve recreated the poll for those who haven’t responded yet here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfi9LFTPpvWewWC8WLqiQGxmVHuOj9J... (reminder that the deadline is end of this week, i.e. Friday, January 26th EoD).
    Warm regards,
    Fotis
    Sent: Monday, 22 January, 2024 20:56
    To: FAIR for Machine Learning (FAIR4ML) IG <***@***.***-groups.org>
    Subject: [fair4ml] Two actions after the FAIR4ML IG Monthly meeting
    Hi all,
    (apologies for resending, apparently there was an error) Many thanks for the interesting and productive discussion earlier today.
    As promised, here are the two key actions:
    1. In order to identify the best solution for our regular timeslot moving forward (while still sticking to the 4th Monday of the month), we put together a very short poll with two options (one for alternating slots for 08:00 and 20:00 UTC, and one with two repeated calls per month for the same slots). In order to update our collective agendas as soon as possible, we would really appreciate filling in the poll by end of this week, i.e. Friday, January 26th EoD. The link to the poll is here: https://gmuqw34nuel.typeform.com/to/ldY7pGHG
    2. I’ve put together a gdoc for the RDA P22 plenary proposal here: Fhttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vaa4rpC-8mLirEo1u9o_qfY3xteCPqo9hmO3... (RDA's 22nd Plenary - Call for Sessions Open: https://www.rd-alliance.org/rdas-22nd-plenary-call-sessions-open). The deadline is Feb 13th and therefore we’ll be working asynchronously on this, together with Leyla, Daniel and Florina (you should have already received this email twice :) ). Of course, everyone is more than welcome to contribute!
    Warm regards,
    Fotis

    Author: Fotis Psomopoulos

    Date: 29 Jan, 2024

    Hi all,
    Many thanks for your responses to this poll; there were 13+10 responses (gform and typeform respectively) with the vast majority (11 and 7 respectively, or ~80% of the total) in favour of alternating” the slot on a monthly basis, to accommodate particular time zones, i.e. every 4th Monday, at 08:00 UTC or 20:00 UTC (alternate months).
    Based on that, our next call will be on Monday, February 26th at 08:00 UTC – I’ll be sending the reminder as usual approximately a week ago with all the details.
    Warm regards,
    Fotis