A new Excel to SKOS too

Groups audience:

Hi all,
We've just implemented a new Excel to RDF conversion tool for SKOS vocabs:
VocExcel:
https://vocexcel.surroundaustralia.com/
https://github.com/surroundaustralia/VocExcel
Yes, there are many Excel to RDF tools out there but this one uses a very
constrained profile of SKOS for pretty simple vocabularies - VocPub (
https://w3id.org/profile/vocpub) - and it can be extended with other
profiles, as needed.
We'd be very happy to help anyone out with use of the tool!
Cheers,
Nick
--
Dr Nicholas Car
Data Systems Architect
Connected Knowledge
M 0477 560 177
E ***@***.***
A Level 9, Nishi Building, 2 Phillip Law Street, Canberra 2601, Australia
W surroundaustralia.com
Copyrights:
SURROUND Australia Pty Ltd is the copyright owner of all original content
and attachments. All rights reserved.
Confidentiality Notice:
The contents of this email are confidential to the email addressee, and may
also be privileged. If you are not the addressee, you may not copy,
forward, disclose, or otherwise use it, or any part of it or its
attachments, in any form. If you have received this email in error, please
reply to the sender.
Dr Nicholas Car
Adjunct Senior Lecturer
Research School of Computer Science
The Australian National University,
Canberra ACT Australia
+61 477 560 177
***@***.***
https://cs.anu.edu.au/people/nicholas-car
https://orcid.org/0000-0002-8742-7730

  • Andrea Perego's picture

    Author: Andrea Perego

    Date: 29 Jul, 2021

    Nice work, Nick! Thanks for sharing.
    I wonder whether VocExcel also supports the possibility of creating
    multilingual labels.
    Cheers,
    Andrea
    On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 5:10 AM ***@***.*** via Vocabulary

  • Nicholas Car's picture

    Author: Nicholas Car

    Date: 29 Jul, 2021

    Hi Andrea,
    Well not now, given that the VocPub profile (https://w3id.org/profile/vocpub)
    it uses doesn't know anything about multilingual, but it could! The plan
    with the tool is to allow other profiles to be selected for use and the
    underlying VocExcel tool already has provisions for this. So an extension
    to VocPub, or a completely unrelated profile, could be implemented easily,
    by design.
    All I would need for such an implementation is a profile declaration with a
    specification, validator or both since. I could then easily implement the
    back-end logic to match that profile. If you extend VocPub, or create your
    own profile of SKOS independently, let me know and I'd love to make it work
    and show the profiling capability off! Likely I will add other profiles to
    VocExcel soon anyway but they are just likely to be more requirements for
    certain metadata or Conept properties for Australian government use.
    Cheers,
    Nick
    On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 5:59 PM andrea.perego via Vocabulary Services IG <
    ***@***.***-groups.org> wrote:

submit a comment