Sub-group weekly call on Thursday 16th April, 11am UTC

  • Claudia Bauzer Medeiros's picture

    Author: Claudia Bauzer ...

    Date: 17 Apr, 2020

    Dear Iryna dear all
    Will there be a writing sprint today feb 17th? Tks claudia

  • Iryna Kuchma's picture

    Author: Iryna Kuchma

    Date: 17 Apr, 2020

    Dear Claudia and all,
    Yes, in half an hour: Friday, April 17 11am UTC https://zoom.us/j/460482296
    - 2nd Writing Sprint for Data Collections
    ;
    Metadata, Standards & Data Quality
    ;
    Storage

    and the next one on Monday, April 20, 10am - 12am UTC
    https://zoom.us/j/93069536360 - Legal & Ethical
    ;
    Data Sharing and LT Preservation

    ; Data management responsibilities and resources

    Best wishes,
    Iryna
    On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 at 13:26, Claudia Bauzer Medeiros <***@***.***>

  • Jorge Clarke's picture

    Author: Jorge Clarke

    Date: 17 Apr, 2020

    Dear all,
    I would like to give you more details about myself and my background, to
    let me know better, because I haven't managed to understand how can I best
    contribute to the WG. I have been participating in almost all the meetings,
    mainly listening, I have read the associated documents (without daring to
    write on them, mainly due to efficiency considerations), and yet, I haven't
    found a way to properly contribute.
    My background is mainly quntitative and theoretical, PhD in probability
    (Stochastic Differential Equations, browmian motion). Then
    a post-doc in Spatio-Temporal Statistics (start working with data). Since
    a year and a half I train myself in AI and DataSience (Machine Learning
    supervised and non-supervised, clasiffication, prediction and clustering;
    Deep Learning, neural networs, etc.). I arrived to the social-science
    sub-group because I'm in the trasnversal part and because I like social
    sciences (I'm finishing a transition from academia to the private sector,
    and from theroetical maths to applied statistics and Data Analysis,
    currently I'm consultant in this topic working in a development related
    mission based in kenya). By my own means I have been learning
    about Environmental Economics, Human Centered Design, Income and Wealth
    Distribution, Social Choice and Voting Systems.
    Sorry to charge you with this, but I guess that sharing this is the
    best way to understand how can I best contribute to the team.
    See you soon.
    Best
    Jorge Andrés Clarke De la Cerda
    PhD in Applied Sciences
    On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 12:30 PM Iryna Kuchma via
    RDA-COVID19-Social-Sciences <***@***.***-groups.org>

    Author: Claudia Bauzer ...

    Date: 23 Apr, 2020

    Sorry - cannot find the link for today's call, can someone help me???
    claudia

  • Iryna Kuchma's picture

    Author: Iryna Kuchma

    Date: 23 Apr, 2020

    Here it is https://zoom.us/j/187365182
    On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 at 14:01, cmbm via RDA-COVID19-Social-Sciences <
    ***@***.***-groups.org> wrote:

submit a comment