RDA BoF on FAIR DOs: cannot attend

Dear friends,
Due to a serious illness of a family member I won’t be able to attend P15 in Melbourne.
Also, remote participation won’t be possible for me.
Since we have an accepted BoF Session on “FAIR Digital Objects” I would like to ask
if somebody would be able to chair the session in Melbourne.
Wednesday, 18th March 2020, 14:30 - 16:00
BoF - Creating an RDA Interest Group on FAIR Digital Objects - Room 104
https://www.rd-alliance.org/bof-session-creating-rda-interest-group-fair...
In a couple of preliminary discussions with members and co-chairs of IG Data Fabric
we came to the conclusion that we could proceed under the umbrella of IG Data Fabric.
Possible outcomes of the planned session could be
- create consensus on how to proceed,
- define primary objectives and outcomes, and
- collect ideas about the modes of operation, e.g. regular virtual conferences, project and implementation shares .
If you are interested to help please contact me.
Sorry for the unfortunate situation.
Best,
Rainer
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)
Dr. Rainer Stotzka
Data Exploitation Methods
Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1
76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen
Germany
fon: +49 721 608 2 4738
E-mail: ***@***.***
http://www.scc.kit.edu
Dear All,
Our session application has been accepted by RDA, see mail below:
("CREATING AN RDA INTEREST GROUP ON FAIR DIGITAL OBJECTS"
As far as I know the session will be placed in afternoon of
March 18.
We are looking forward to meeting you in Melbourne.
For those who are not able to attend we are asking for remote participation and
will post the time and contact information via this mailing list and FDO-TIG.
For our planned work in breakout groups (depending on the number of participants)
we may need to pause the remote participation.
Best,
Rainer
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)
Dr. Rainer Stotzka
Data Exploitation Methods
Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1
76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen
Germany
fon: +49 721 608 2 4738
E-mail: ***@***.***
http://www.scc.kit.edu
Dear BoF session applicant ("CREATING AN RDA INTEREST GROUP ON FAIR DIGITAL OBJECTS"),
At its meeting on December 19, the RDA Technical Advisory Board considered your proposal for a session at Plenary 15 in 2020.
We are happy to advise you that your session proposal has been accepted. Congratulations!
TAB has some suggestions below for how you could improve your session. Please update the session description accordingly to provide the best information for potential attendees.
Suggested improvements:
- Need to clarify how this is different from GO FAIR agenda
- Should also explain how this relates to existing DFIG workplan
Best regards,
Isabelle Perseil, TAB co-chair

  • Robert Quick's picture

    Author: Robert Quick

    Date: 10 Mar, 2020

    Rainer,
    I have just cancelled my flight to Melbourne due to my institution suspending all travel until April 5th. I’m wondering if we should consider postponing this BoF until November when hopefully we have a full complement of attendees.
    Rob
    From: "Stotzka, Rainer (SCC)" <***@***.***>
    Date: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at 02:39
    Cc: Data Fabric IG <***@***.***-groups.org>