  • Dawn Wright's picture

    Author: Dawn Wright

    Date: 23 Jan, 2015

    In our new Esri Press book we are linking book chapters to Python scripts and story maps, and given them separate but related DOIs. Matt, please get in touch if this is of interest to add to your repo. Unfortunately I won’t be at the NSF workshop.
    Cheers,
    Dawn
    github: @deepseadawn
    --------
    Dawn Wright, Ph.D., GISP, Esri Chief Scientist
    Esri | 380 New York Street | Redlands, CA 92373 | USA
    T 909 793 2853 x2182 | ***@***.*** | esriurl.com/dawn | esri.com/oceans | @deepseadawn
    [cid:EB0B7B76-3388-433E-826B-1CB86699146B]
    On 1/23/15, 1:46 PM, "mbjones" <***@***.***> wrote:
    I'm totally with you, Mark. Next week I'm going to the NSF workshop on software and data citation (https://softwaredatacitation.org). Anyone else going? I hope we can get into some of these more realistic use cases and get beyond the idea that data is just like a pdf. Anyone want to contribute some use cases? I added one on provenance tracking to trace the relationship between source data, code executions, and derived data and products (https://github.com/ResearchSoftwareInstitute/software-data-citation-ws/i...). See the others in that repo if you have interest.
    Matt
    On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 12:07 PM, Mark Parsons
    <***@***.***> wrote:
    Thanks Sarah. Interesting results. I’ll try and join the call.
    The group may also be interested in an activity conducted by RDA affiliate CASRAI called Project CRediT—a standard way to refer to roles in the research enterprise: http://credit.casrai.org
    Peter Fox and I talk a little bit about it in our latest bit of crankiness, which may also be relevant: http://www.slideshare.net/MarkParsons/parsons-citation-agu2014
    cheers,
    -m.
    On Jan 23, 2015, at 4:27 AM, sarah.callaghan <***@***.***> wrote:
    Hi All,
    I’ve attached a poster that I presented at the recent FORCE2015 conference in Oxford, which gives an overview of the survey results. I’ll go through them in more detail (with another presentation) on Monday, which will also get sent around.
    All the best,
    Sarah
    Sent: 23 January 2015 10:02
    To: ***@***.***-groups.org; ***@***.***-wds.org
    Subject: agenda and call-in details for call on Monday
    Dear all,
    Just a quick reminder that we’ve out next WG call on Monday. Call in details are below.
    The agenda is pretty simple:
    1. Survey analysis report
    2. Discussion of next steps for the WG
    3. Plenary 5 planning
    RDA-WDS Publishing Data Bibliometrics WG call
    Mon, Jan 26 at 15:00 GMT
    * Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
    https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/228407301
    * You can also dial in using your phone.
    Australia (Long distance): +61 2 8355 1023
    Austria (Long distance): +43 (0) 7 2088 0034
    Access Code: 228-407-301
    More phone numbers: https://global.gotomeeting.com/228407301/numbersdisplay.html
    All the best,
    Sarah
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Dr Sarah Callaghan MInstP CPhys FRMetS
    British Atmospheric Data Centre
    STFC - Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
    Chilton, Didcot, Oxfordshire
    OX11 0QX, United Kingdom
    Telephone +44 (0)1235 445770
    Mobile +44 (0) 7717581726
    Fax +44 (0)1235 446140
    ORCID: 0000-0002-0517-1031

  • Dawn Wright's picture

    Author: Dawn Wright

    Date: 23 Jan, 2015

    Apologies for the prior message which escaped with a premature hit of the SEND button. I’ll try again:
    In our new peer-reviewed Esri Press book, we are linking book chapters to Python scripts and story maps, and giving them separate but related DOIs. Matt, please get in touch if this is of interest to add to your repo. Unfortunately I won’t be at the NSF workshop.
    Cheers and thanks again,
    Dawn
    github: @deepseadawn
    Sent: 23 January 2015 10:02
    To: ***@***.***-groups.org; ***@***.***-wds.org
[...]

  • Cynthia Chandler's picture

    Author: Cynthia Chandler

    Date: 24 Jan, 2015

    Hi Matt,
    weather permitting, I plan to attend this workshop in person.
    looks like the attendee list has been shared
    https://softwaredatacitation.org/Lists/Attendee%20Email%20Addresses/All%...

  • Robert Huber's picture

    Author: Robert Huber

    Date: 26 Jan, 2015

    Dear all,
    here are some interesting 'dynamic data' uses cases we collected during a
    workshop jointly organized by the EU projects ENVRI, COOPEUS and EUDAT:
    http://figshare.com/articles/Data_citation_and_digital_identifiers_for_t...
    I hope this helps..
    I will not attend this workshop, but I have seen Jens Klump on the list who
    was also involved..
    Robert

submit a comment