SHARC session at RDA P12, Gaborone, Botswana 8 nov

Dear Sharc members,
Louise Bezuidenhout and Fiona Murphy from our IG will be running the
*SHARC's session at RDA P12 in Gaborone next thursday 8 nov 9.30-11.00
(**c**entral african time, **UTC/GMT +2 hours)*. The objective is to
address more specifically data sharing challenges within African
academic infrastructures and to  come up with concrete actions to
support resource sharing that could be implemented within African
research contexts. Notably, will be discussed: How do we incentivise
data sharing in situations where individuals have invested their own
money into their research? What is the empirical evidence around the
benefits that accrue to researchers when they share their data? Will
research partnerships and co-authorship be acceptable conditions for
obtaining access to secondary data?
*Remote participation will be possible*. See the meeting page at:
https://www.rd-alliance.org/ig-sharing-rewards-and-credit-sharc-rda-12th...
Note from the session organisers:***we invite any SHARC IG members,
session participants or other interested parties to post relevant links
or questions they would like to see addressed by this group either
during the session or later. *
*Link to the collaborative notes page:
*https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HKGyWGfDopIcFy4poI8DVP1v6ooArNOocHvB...
**
Looking forward to interacting with you,
Louise, Fiona,
Laurence and Anne (remotely)
--
Laurence Mabile, Chef de projet/Project manager
UMR1027 Inserm - Université Paul Sabatier / Toulouse III,

  • Alison Specht's picture

    Author: Alison Specht

    Date: 06 Nov, 2018

    Dear Louise and Fiona, Laurence and Anne,
    I really like these questions! The first resonates very much with me personally.
    Thanks for the notes page: that’s a really good idea.
    Best wishes,
    Alison