RDA P12 - Botswana call for sessions

  • Anthony Juehne's picture

    Author: Anthony Juehne

    Date: 07 Jun, 2018

    Oya,
    I will be attending Botswana. I would be happy to assist in organizing any
    portion of the session.
    Thank you,
    Anthony Juehne

  • Oya Beyan's picture

    Author: Oya Beyan

    Date: 10 Jun, 2018

    Thank you all for your replies.
    Anthony and Ingvill will be at the Botswana (still I am not sure about myself) to help us to run the session.
    Heidi Laine suggested to discuss the “ Code of Conduct on responsible data management” as a topic. This will be highly relevant since European GDPR introduces the possibility to create code of conducts for the stakeholders. @Heidi , would you like to share your current work?
    Another possibility could be to reach out researchers from Africa and discuss their views on data protection and ethical use of data.
    If you have any suggestion as discussion topic, please share with us. The call deadline is at the 29th of June. Before that I will try to incorporate ideas coming from the group.
    Kind regards,
    Oya
    Sent: Donnerstag, 7. Juni 2018 14:31
    To: oyabeyan <***@***.***-aachen.de>; Ethics and Social Aspects of Data IG <***@***.***-groups.org>
    Subject: Re: [ethics-social-aspects-ig] RDA P12 - Botswana call for sessions
    Oya,
    I will be attending Botswana. I would be happy to assist in organizing any portion of the session.
    Thank you,
    Anthony Juehne
    On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 7:20 AM oyabeyan <***@***.***-aachen.de > wrote:
    Dear group members,
    Next plenary meeting will be at Botswana and call for sessions are open
    https://www.rd-alliance.org/12th-plenary-meeting-call-sessions
    Do you have any plans to travel ? Please let me know if you are planning to join
    Kind regards
    Oya
    --
    Full post: https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/ethics-and-social-aspects-data-ig/post...

  • Jane Wyngaard's picture

    Author: Jane Wyngaard

    Date: 10 Jun, 2018

    I'll be there and interested to attend any session this group organises.
    I'm an engineer so very much an observer (researcher in need of outputs :)
    in this group, but just cause their San code of research ethics

    made a splash last year and that's particularly relevant to Southern Africa
    - I'm wondering if the EU trust project is
    represented in RDA? Could use this session to make connections
    particularly with their African projects if not?
    And then with drone hat on again: this group is obviously doing many things
    far beyond just drones but we're working on a number of external efforts
    that should attract drone researchers to IDW as a whole so if of any
    relevance this is the 'data ethics guideline' werobotics uses. I'm still
    hoping to have 1 of their Tanzanian staff join us for all events.
    https://uavcode.org/further-guidance/131-2/
    jane
    ++++++++++++++++
    Jane Wyngaard, PhD
    Data Science Technologist
    Centre for Research Computing
    University of Notre Dame

  • Oya Beyan's picture

    Author: Oya Beyan

    Date: 10 Jun, 2018

    Dear Jane ,
    Do you have any contact with EU Trust project ? Otherwise I can try to contact with the project coordinator.
    Any participation from drone community will be welcomed. Their contribution might be very valuable for the code of conduct discussion.
    Best wishes
    Oya