From: massimo.craglia=***@***.***-groups.org [massimo.craglia=***@***.***-groups.org] On Behalf Of maxcraglia [***@***.***]
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2014 12:31 PM
To: ***@***.***-groups.org
Cc: Lorenzino VACCARI; Andrea Perego
Subject: Re: [rda_urbanqli_wg] Possible approach to develop an Urban Data Dictionary
Dear WG,
in our revised case statement we put forward the following:
The WG will assess the feasibility of developing a dedicated urban data dictionary, leveraging existing thesauri and dictionaries such as the INSPIRE feature concept dictionary, the General Environmental Multilingual Thesaurus, EuroVOC, etc. and augmented by folksonomies derived from social networks data mining.
Clearly ISO 37120 will be a key point of reference for this work, but we are not sure whether there is an open registry con containing all the terms and definitions underpinning the global city indicators. If this is the case, then maybe we can use an instance of that registry to do the work outlined above. If not, maybe we can start from the core set of aligned vocabularies discussed in the attached proposal. A mixed approach is also possible.
Let me know what you think,
I put my colleagues Lorenzino and Andrea in copy as they have developed the proposal outlined in the attachment.
Best wishes,
Max

submit a comment