  • Chris Pettit's picture

    Author: Chris Pettit

    Date: 17 Oct, 2014

    Hi Kate,
    Thanks for the posting and invitation. Looks like an excellent initiative and it will be great to explore how the working group can engage with it.
    Unfortunately won't be able to make it to Paris this time. Hope it goes well and it would be great if you can post the outcome to the group.
    Regards,
    Chris
    From: katescrivens <***@***.***>
    Date: Thursday, 16 October 2014 10:58 PM
    To: Urban Quality of Life Indicators <***@***.***-groups.org>
    Subject: [rda_urbanqli_wg] Invitation to OECD workshop on "Using Technology to Engage Citizens with Well-being Statistics", Oct 27, Paris.
    Dear all,
    This is the first time I've posted in this group but I've been following your work with interest since Max invited me to join in July (I was unfortunately unable to attend the Plenary last month).
    Just to introduce myself - I manage an OECD-hosted project called Wikiprogress, which aims to be a collaborative knowledge base bringing together data, reports and other resources related to the measurement of well-being and progress. It was developed as an offshoot of the OECD's methodological work on measuring well-being and quality of life, but is intended to be a community-owned resource (the OECD holds no responsibility over its content). In the coming months, we'll be making some changes to the site, most notably moving the bulk of content to a new open-source platform, which is intended to be a comprehensive cataogue of data and statistical resources related to well-being, progress and quality of life. The new platform is in beta and we are currently populating it with relevant information - if you'd like your data product or organisation to be included on the new platform, please get in touch with me.
    Finally, if there is any way you can make your way to Paris for the 27th October, you are warmly invited to join us for a workshop on "Using technology to engage citizens with Well-being Statistics". This workshop is part of a EC-funded project, Web-COSI, and there will be sessions on the potential and limitations of crowdsourced and open data, as well as a session on innovative communication tools. You can find the agenda and registration information here, and the event will also be webcast on the day. Please feel free to circulate the information to anyone you think may be interested.
    I look forward to folllowing the work of this very interesting group. All the best,
    Kate Scrivens
    --
    Full post: https://rd-alliance.org/group/urban-quality-life-indicators/post/invitat...