Von: Christoph Bruch [mailto:***@***.***]
Gesendet: Samstag, 17. Februar 2018 00:30
An: 'rsc32' <***@***.***>; 'RDA/CODATA Legal Interoperability'
<***@***.***-groups.org>
Betreff: AW: [rda-legalinterop-ig] Tomorrow's RDA/CODATA telecon CANCELLED
Dear All,
At the upcoming plenary the breakout session of our IG will be on Friday 23
March, 09:00 - 10:30.
https://rd-alliance.org/ig-rdacodata-legal-interoperability-rda-11th-ple...
-meeting
We do not know the room number yet.
Bob, Gail, me and Robert Downs had a telco this afternoon to plan the
details of the session.
We will update the website asap.
I'm writing to inquire who plans to attend our session.
Please let us know - Thanks!
Hope to see you in Berlin!
Christoph
___________________
Christoph Bruch
Helmholtz Association
Helmholtz Open Science Coordination Office http://os.helmholtz.de
W: +49 (0)331 28 82 87 61
M: +49 (0)151 14 09 39 68

  • Melissa Haendel's picture

    Author: Melissa Haendel

    Date: 17 Feb, 2018

    Hi all,
    I won’t see you all in Berlin, but just a short update from me in the meantime.
    The reusabledata project is making progress, please feel free to make tickets in the github:
    http://reusabledata.org/
    https://github.com/reusabledata/reusabledata/issues
    (you can also request sources to be evaluated)
    There is a GA4GH WG working on a data reuse ontology:
    https://www.ga4gh.org/docs/GA4GH-Connect-A-5-year-Strategic-Plan.pdf
    Data Use & Researcher Identifiers (DURI): Facilitates and enables the harmonization of researcher identities by defining who is a bona fide researcher and one or more identity providers that respects this definition and can provide a portable electronic identity. DURI will also generate a data use ontology that will be used to both state use ​restrictions ​as ​well ​as ​researchers’ ​purposes.
    We are also planning to leverage this work in our work on the NIH Data Commons - would be great to have partnerships on this - Jane I’m thinking we need to reconnect on your related ontology work?
    I am presenting the issues and reusable data project next week at the US Association of University Technology Managers meetings with some legal experts on licensing. We are planning to form a US committee of TTOs that will work on universal processes/rules/regulations for data, similar to the Universal MTA agreement. Here is the session:
    The Software and Data Licensing Solution: Not Your Dad’s UBMTA
    Big data is an open frontier, and it’s quickly expanding. However, transaction costs and legal barriers stand squarely in the way of meaningful, far-reaching data integration. We’ll grapple with the issues regarding a large-scale data integration project across humans, model and nonmodel organisms. Without pointing fingers, we’ll also share a few highlights from the (Re)usable Data Project, which outlined a five-part rubric to evaluate data licenses with respect to clarity and the reuse and redistribution of data. In addition, the topic raises the question: How well-suited are off-the-shelf software and data licenses for universities? Data scientists and software programmers are all too quick to pick one when they release their technology on GitHub. What should technology transfer professionals recommend? We’ll discuss the usefulness and attributes of a uniform software and data license for university researchers and software programmers.
    Speakers: Arvin Paranjpe, Oregon Health & Science University; Frank Curci, Ater Wynne LLP; Melissa Haendel, Oregon Health & Science; University Charles Williams, University of Oregon
    I’ll forward the slides next week.
    Hope you all are well!
    Melissa
    On Feb 16, 2018, at 4:48 PM, bruch <***@***.***> wrote:
    I am sending again as the mail before had a misleading title - sorry