Organization Fourth Plenary and next TelCon

Groups audience:

Hello Big Data IG,
I hope everyone is fine! The fourth plenary RDA meeting in Amsterdam is
upcoming and we have two sessions (22 Sept 15:30-17:00 and 23 Sept
11:30-13:00). In order to be ready for them, lets get the three points
below done beforehand:
(1.) Please do not forget to register for the meeting/to plan your trip
to Amsterdam. Registering before Sept 15th can safe you some Euros. Here
is a link to the registration form (requires login):
https://rd-alliance.org/rda-fourth-plenary-meeting-registration.html
(2.) In the last telephone conference, we agreed on having another call
before the fourth plenary meeting. I set up a Doodle in order to find a
date (starting from next week Monday). Please, be so kind to enlist:
http://doodle.com/2wa52dd6nptsq5u7
(3.) Attached you will find the full meeting minutes of our last
telephone conference. Below you will find an excerpt/gentle reminder of
the to-dos we agreed on:
Geoffrey:
* Add a use case description as soon as distince use cases are
identified
* Identify common use for parallel SVMs
Kuo
* CRISP-DM report recommendations
Peter:
* Clean up the use cases page
Wo:
* Add description of the finger print matching use case
* Identify common use for parallel SVMs
* Request a BDI Infrastructure WG session
Zhang:
* Identify common use for parallel SVMs
Kind regards,
Markus
--
M. Sc. Markus Götz
Ph.D. Student

File Attachment:
AttachmentSize
Plain text icon 2014-07-01_meetng_minutes.txt2.79 KB
  • Peter Baumann's picture

    Author: Peter Baumann

    Date: 07 Sep, 2014

    Hi Markus,
    thanks for the reminder (yes, I am slow in responding :) )
    WRT this one, can you help me:
    I have done this to some extent, but I cannot edit the main page, as I am not
    registered as a co-chair I guess (had addressed this earlier already). Once you
    give me access I can establish a "Working Groups" page which we are missing.
    Therefore, the WG info I have put into the Use Cases page for now.
    thanks,
    Peter
    --
    Dr. Peter Baumann
    mail: ***@***.***-university.de

  • Peter Baumann's picture

    Author: Peter Baumann

    Date: 07 Sep, 2014

    Hi Wo,
    FYI, I have established a small info section on the WG on [1]. In the long run,
    this should become a separate page, I'm working on it.
    For now,
    - please feel free to do any adjustment you deem fit (eg, WG title - I was not sure)
    - how can we phase in (interim) results? I'd appreciate discussing this with
    you, also in view of presenting WG outcomes at Plenary4.
    thx,
    Peter
    [1]
    https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/big-data-analytics-ig/wiki/big-data-us...
    --
    Dr. Peter Baumann
    mail: ***@***.***-university.de
    tel: +49-421-200-3178, fax: +49-421-200-493178
    www.rasdaman.com, mail: ***@***.***
    "Si forte in alienas manus oberraverit hec peregrina epistola incertis ventis dimissa, sed Deo commendata, precamur ut ei reddatur cui soli destinata, nec preripiat quisquam non sibi parata." (mail disclaimer, AD 1083)

  • Wo  Chang's picture

    Author: Wo Chang

    Date: 07 Sep, 2014

    Dear Peter,
    Thanks for the info and will take a look.
    I am swamped with other urgent projects but will try to catch up with BDI-WG soon.
    Thanks!
[...]
    Full post:
    https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/big-data-analytics-ig/post/organizatio...