  • Alexandra Kokkinaki's picture

    Author: Alexandra Kokkinaki

    Date: 23 Jun, 2017

    Hi all,
    I also want to register my interest in VSIG, on behalf of BODC as we are hosting NVS2.0 and we will be doing work on versioning, provenance, quads and governance of our SKOS vocabularies.
    Regards,
    Dr Alexandra Kokkinaki
    Senior Data Scientist
    The British Oceanographic Data Centre
    ***@***.*** | www.bodc.ac.uk |
    [BODC_logo_cmyksmaller]
    Sent: 23 June 2017 08:08
    To: ***@***.***-groups.org
    Subject: [vocabulary_services] Re: Reviving the VSIG [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
    Hi Simon and all,
    I'd like to register my interest in this revival. Geoscience Australia has a growing dependence on SKOS vocabularies which several systems - portals and catalogues for now, others later - access via services. The SKOS is standardised enough but not the services. We would love to see something like a SKOS or Vocab Linked Data API specification, perhaps alongside or within other APIs.
    I have joined the IG and will attend the P10 session. GA will likely be able to contribute Use Cases, other Requirements, implementation experience and data (vocabs and their services) to any initiatives the IG or spinoffs undertake.
    Nick

  • Armando Stellato's picture

    Author: Armando Stellato

    Date: 23 Jun, 2017

    Dear Nick, all,
    while not being a standard API, VocBench (http://vocbench.uniroma2.it/) offers, besides the collaborative web application, APIs for editing/reading SKOS (/XL) thesauri, OWL ontologies and all kind of RDF datasets. In the event that some API standardization effort is in place, we are interested to support the action and to implement the result in VB3.
    I'm sorry I won't probably make it to P10 due to personal matters (which is bad as I'm co-chairing an IG myself), but I'm available for any follow-up on the topic.
    Cheers,
    Armando